News > Our contribution to modern London offices
First page of the original 'Job Book’ from 1955
Last month there was an interesting article in London’s Evening Standard (Robert Bevan, 21 July) that highlighted Aukett Swanke’s contribution to modern London offices.
Whilst the general public may not have come across our name in relation to London’s skyline, we are certainly known in the commercial market for being an intrinsic part of its modern day development and streetscape.
Our involvement in the development of office buildings and fit-outs can be traced back to the 1950s with commissions from Land Securities, Prudential and Great Portland Estates (formerly Basil and Howard Samuel) and successive generations of staff have contributed to this portfolio ever since.
Some offices have listed status such as the Brown Shipley building on Moorgate; still occupied by the same company. Others have had new life injected into them, such as the newly refurbished Adelphi building on John Adam Street, for Blackstone.
Aukett Swanke has completed over 350 projects in the City and West End.
|Brown Shipley building, Moorgate||Adelphi, John Adam Street, for Blackstone|