Projects > Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Client: University Hospitals Bristol NHSFT
- Size: 13,000sqm / 140,000sqft
- Services: Architecture
Current preoccupations in healthcare provision put the patient at the centre of the healthcare process. The new ward block creates a new centre of clinical gravity from elements each with unique constraints and impacts on the organisation of the existing hospital.
The focus for the new facility, reinforcing the adjustment of this centre of gravity, is an atrium with a major artwork forming the centre piece of the Trust's Whole Hospital Arts Plan.
- 150 medical and surgical beds
- 21 bed Intensive Treatment Unit
- 2 day case theatres and Paediatric Clinical Investigation Unit
- Medical assessment unit
- Support services
The building was completed in spring 2015 and was winner of the UK Property Awards for the Best Public Architecture.