Projects > Gade Zone Redevelopment
- Client: Dacorum Borough Council
- Size: 8,400sqm / 90,420sqft
- Services: Master Planning
Our proposals for the town centre Gade Zone area in Hemel Hempstead were selected by the Local Authority following a design and bid competition process. This extensive urban renewal scheme replaces the existing 1950s and 1960s ‘New Town’ buildings with:
- A new Local Authority headquarters building of 8400sqm incorporating offices, a Council Chamber as well as registry, police, library and local voluntary services facilities.
- Residential development in three new buildings of 3-6 storeys comprising around 200 units, including 30% affordable housing provision.
- A new leisure complex including a seven screen cinema and a range of restaurant, café and support leisure facilities.
The Gade Zone area is part of a wider town centre regeneration called Hemel Evolution which is a broad regeneration initiative of Dacorum Borough Council including the restoration of the Listed Jellicoe Water Gardens and revitalisation of Marlowes at the heart of Hemel Hempstead.